Work is continuing on the conversion of the Nord Hotel/Apartments in the heart of Pioneer Square at 312 1st Ave S. When complete, the low-rise vintage brick building will house just seven affordable condominium homes. The studio and two-bedroom units will range from 379 to 792 sq ft.
The Nord is expected to begin pre-sales in April with a Fall completion date.
As of 12/03/07, two 2-bedrooms remain both are listed at $415,000.
Home features include:
- All new stainless steel appliances, including microwave and dishwasher in some units
- Terrazzo countertops in kitchen and bathroom
- Cork floors
- Glass mosaic shower surrounds
- Contemporary porcelain floor tiles
- Custom cabinetry
- New bathroom fixtures
- Pet Friendly
- Homeowner dues include garbage, sewer, water and maintenance
- Storage available
- Washer & Dryers
- New kitchen cabinets
Overall, pretty good for the price-level and location. And, well, it’ll only appeal to owners who don’t mind living in a busy & lively area. There’s no parking, but the developer will provide two-years of free parking for buyers.
On the other hand, step out the front door and you’ll have your choice of numerous cafes, restaurants, bakeries, antique shops and nightclubs.
A Little History (per Seattle’s Historical Sites page)
Originally constructed in 1890 after the Great Fire in the “Queen Anne – Richardsonian Romanesque” style, the building began life as the Thompson Hotel. From 1915-1969 it served as the Nord Hotel and named after Frank Nordquist, a hotel manager.
Seattle Times – Vintage Condos article
- First Look – The Nord Condos
- The Pittsburgh Condos – Queen Anne