Duncan Place is the latest condominium development in the University District area located at the SW corner of NE 47th St and 8th Ave NE. With most of new developments near the city center, Duncan Place is only the second new construction project in the U-District in the past couple of years (the other being Park Modern).
When completed in early 2009, the 6-story Duncan Place will feature 63 studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom homes ranging in size from 361 sq ft to 998 sq ft. Home finishes and features include:
- 8’6″ to 9′ ceiling heights with floor-to-ceiling windows
- European-style wood cabinets
- Honed granite slab countertops
- GE stainless steel appliances
- Hardwood flooring in entry and kitchen
- Deck or patio for most units
- A/C, upgraded appliances & finishes for premium homes
- Common amenities include an owner’s lounge and roof top deck
The location does place it fairly close to I-5, essentially a block away, though the homes will have sound reducing engineered walls. Nearby, residents will find Trader Joes, the Seattle Public Library and Metro Theatres all within a couple of blocks.
The developer is waiting till the project is closer to completion, around December, before announcing pricing levels and accepting reservations. Occupancy is anticipated for February 2009.