Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/seattlec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-flickr-manager/FlickrManager.php on line 829
Post updated July 2008
Though it may have had a controversial beginning with the demolition of a 1920 apartment building across the street from Kerry Park, 200 West Highland Condominium (website) will be a nice addition to Queen’s South Slope, that is, if you can afford it. Prices are expected to start from $1.2 million.
The 5-story steel and concrete building will include just 25 luxury homes, many with commanding views of downtown and Elliott Bay. The two- and three-bedroom homes will range in size between 1,499 and 2,854 square feet. Home features include:
- Open floor plans with either 11′ or 9′ ceiling heights
- Hardwoods throughout with wool carpet in bedrooms
- Top of the line appliances (Sub-Zero, Viking, Bosch), custom cabinetry and upscale finishes & fixtures
- Slab granite, polished marble, limestone and quartz countertops
- Two color/finish schemes
- Ultra quiet Mitsubishi heating and AC units with a low 26 decibel output. For comparison, a whisper registers between 20-30 decibels.
- Private terraces or decks
- Two parking spaces and storage with each home
- Fitness center
- On-site manager
One nice feature provided is the water bug sensors for the appliances. Should the kitchen appliances leak, the sensor will alert the monitoring company who in turn will contact the owner.
Homeowner dues are $.55 per square foot and includes earthquake insurance, on-site management, maintenance and fully funded reserves.
Homes are currently available for purchase with a 5% earnest money deposit. The project is being developed by Lorig Associates and designed by Mithun Architects.