Stylish and affordable; a combination not found around the downtown Seattle core neighborhoods much these days. While many developers have their eyes set on building new landmark towers, the Wysong group has focused on providing comfortable, well-designed, moderate priced homes for the average person. Two recent projects are the Tobira Condominiums and the Decatur.
The Tobira Condominiums, formerly the Empress Apartments, is a 5 year old building situated at the cross section of the financial district, Pioneer Square and the International District at 108 5th Avenue South, Seattle. (map – note, the building is South of Yesler)
The project includes 88 studios, one-, one+den, and two-bedroom homes ranging in size from approximately 440 to 1,016 square feet. The preferred lender is Homebase Mortgage, a Countrywide company.
Tobira has set aside 14 units for the first release which are available now.
- Studios – 4 units available, ranging from $179,950 to $234,950
- One bedrooms – 8 units available, ranging from $219,950 to $294,950
- One + den – 1 unit available, $314,950
- Two-bedrooms – 1 unit available, $429,950
Standard features & amenities include:
- One parking space, excluding Studios
- Lobby lounge area
- Slab granite countertops in kitchen and bath
- Maple or Cherry laminate cabinets
- Carpeting in living and bedrooms
- Vinyl flooring in bathroom
- Two color schemes – International or Downtown
- Standard parking: $15,000
- Tandem parking upgrade: $10,000
- Stainless Appliances: $3,000
- California Closets
- Storage Units: $2,500 to $6,500
Homeowner dues are approximately $.30 per square foot.
The location is convenient for downtown living as it is within walking distance to Pioneer Square, the International District and the stadiums. A couple of items to keep in mind – the Yesler bridge is directly adjacent to the building and a new office tower is being constructed on the West side potentially blocking views. Otherwise, the units are well insulated from street noise.
The Tobira Grand Opening is slated for January 27th.