Built in 1928, the quaint Betsy Ross Condominium (website) radiates with character and charm of a time long passed. Pioneer Properties, developer of the Nord and Queen’s Court, is readying the building and upgrading the units for their upcoming sales later this Spring.
The three-story building, located at 1120 17th Ave (map) will be home to just 16 one-bedroom condominium homes ranging in size from approximately 588 to 698
700 square feet.
Home features preserved:
- Beautifully refinished oak hardwood floors
- Elegant crown molding
- Private, wrought iron balconies in many units
- Cozy, gas fireplaces in some units
- Built-in vintage kitchen cabinets with glass doors
- Solid wood doors
- 9 foot ceiling height
Home features for modern living:
- New stainless-steel appliances
- New washer and dryers in some units
- Granite countertops in kitchen and bathroom
- Storage lofts in some unit
- Remodeled kitchen and bathroom designed to maintain a vintage feel
- Safety features which include outdoor lighting and gated property entrance
Homes are expected to be priced from $199,000 to the low-$300,000s. The website has been updated with a price list and homes are listed from $229,000 to $329,000.
One note about their website. On the Neighborhood page, it states the Betsy Ross is a short stroll to a number of restaurants, bars and Interlaken Park, but most of the establishments listed on their site are further north near Volunteer Park…about 1.5 miles north of the Betsy Ross. Not quite a short stroll.
For more information about this and other properties, please contact us.
Post updated 4/21/07