2012 marked another remarkable year for Seattle’s luxury residential condominium market. The number of units sold, total dollar volume and price per square foot all rose over 2011. The values of the top ten condo sales also increased considerably compared to last year.
Sales of $1 million-plus Seattle condominium properties increased a modest 2.8% over 2011, from 71 to 73 units. However, the total dollar sales volume increased a sizable 14.4% from $105,709,480 to $120,888,880, while the average price per square foot rose 11.6% from $682 to $761. The average size of a millon+ dollar condo shrunk from 2,281 to 2,212 square feet.
Here’s a look at the Top Ten most expensive Seattle closed condo sales of 2012:
- Price range: $2,200,000 to $4,250,000
- Average price per square foot: $1,124
- Number of bedrooms: nine 2-bedrooms and one 3-bedroom
- Average size: 2,860 square feet
- Location: Downtown Seattle, Queen Anne & Leschi
Source: NWMLS and King County public records